After School Art Club: Fall 2020
Thursdays, Sept 10- Oct 22
Art At Home: A virtual approach to art club
In the continuing effort to maintain the safety of our students, After School Art Club will look a little different this fall. There will not be any on-site classes as part of Art Club. Instead, one large art kit can be picked up from River Arts on Water Studio (590 Water St, PdS). Kits are available on Wednesday, Sept 9 starting at 2pm. These kits will provide the instructions for how to access videos of instructor Kristina demonstrating all six projects. She’ll also discuss each week’s artist or art movement and show examples. Also included in the kit are all materials necessary for the projects and a copy of written instructions for how to complete them.
Each week, students are encouraged to send photos of their completed art projects to River Arts Inc via email or Facebook. We’ll feature your work on our social media pages and website! If you’d like feedback on your project, let Kristina know in the emails and she can set up a time to go over the artwork with your little artist one on one.
Keep track of your favorite projects! The last class date, Oct 22, will be a virtual meeting where members of Art Club can share their favorite project with everyone else in the class. Each student can pick one project, tell us what their favorite/hardest part was, and go over their inspiration. More info on this still to come.
Here are the subjects the art club kits will be based on, and what will be included for each project:
- Sept 10: Acrylic Landscape Paintings. Kit will include a 12×12″ canvas, pre-portioned paints, 2 brushes, paper plate for mixing paint, and video/written instructions. You will need from home: cup of water, paper towel, and additional paints if desired
- Sept 17: Cats! Inspired by Laurel Burch. Kit will include a sheet of metal tooling, 3-5 colored sharpies, pencil, and video/written instructions. You will need from home: scissors, additional sharpies if desired
- Sept 24: Surrealist Collages. Kit will include a sheet of mixed media collage paper, glue stick, several magazine pages, and video/written instructions. You will need from home: scissors, additional magazine/newspaper images if desired
- Oct 1: Picasso and the Rooster. Kit will include a sheet of mixed media drawing paper, 5-7 pieces of chalk and oil pastel, and video/written instructions. You will need from home: pencil, additional colors if desired
- Oct 8: Rainbow Trout Drawings. Kit will include a sheet of mixed media drawing paper, pencil, sharpie, pack of colored pencils, and video/written instructions. You will need from home: additional colored pencils if desired
- Oct 15: Abstract Paper Pinwheels. Kit will include a sheet of mixed media painting paper, pack of markers, sharpie, paper straw, and video/written instructions. You will need from home: scissors, additional markers or colored pencils
- Oct 22, 3:45-4:30pm: Show and Tell Day! We’ll all log into a virtual class to show each other what we’ve made! Students will each pick their favorite project from the last seven weeks to discuss with their classmates.
For questions, contact Kristina at kcoopman(at)riverartsinc.org. More information about Show and Tell Day will be sent out closer to the date. Video instructions will be provided through a link to an unlisted YouTube video, so internet access is required. Contact Kristina if this will be a hardship and we’ll work something else out.
Happy creating! I can’t wait to see your happy faces in the studio soon! ~Kristina