After School Art Club: Feb. 2021 Virtual Session
For ages 8-11. Space is limited!
After School Art Club is back! This session includes 5 projects ranging from textiles to Pop Art, and all supplies are included. Written and video instructions are available, and help is just a phone call away! Call or email Kristina, class instructor, for one-on-one guidance any time you feel stuck. During the week of March 23-26, students are all encouraged to join our Zoom chat at the end and show off your creations with the whole class!
- Mandalas: Circular artworks focusing on pattern, design, and even meditation! Video instructions will touch on the history of this ancient art form and show you how to make one! Supply kit includes a compass, pencil, sharpie, colored pencils, and white paper.
- Watercolor winter trees: Color and silhouette are discussed in this watercolor painting project. Supply kit includes: watercolor paints, paintbrush, and paper
- Andy Warhol Pop Art: In this project we’ll take on a Pop Art icon, studying Warhol’s use of repetitive images and bright, bold colors. Supply kit includes: Markers, paper, sharpie
- Batik for Kids: Batik is a wonderful fabric dyeing technique used quite often in African textiles. We’ll study the history of this art form, then dive into dyeing cotton using glue and fabric paint. Supply kit includes: piece of white cotton, gel glue, fabric paints, printed stencils.
- Owl Lanterns: Students will create their own aviary luminaries in this fun project. We’ll work on drawing the owl together, and adding details to bring it to life. Supply kit includes: brown paper lunch bags, sharpie, chalk pastels/colored pencils
Supply kits will be assembled ahead of time and can be picked up at River Arts on Water Gallery, 590 Water St, Prairie du Sac during the week of Feb 1 – 5. After Feb 1, you will receive a link to the video instructions page. Projects can be completed at your own pace, however fast or slow you want to do them!
Show and Tell Day: Show off all the hard work and fantastic projects at our Show and Tell Day! Kristina will send out a doodle poll to help pick the best date/time that works for everyone to participate. Stay tuned for final details; likely taking place during the week of March 23-26.
Questions? Email Kristina at kcoopman(at)riverartsinc.org