Working with Color with John Miller
Saturday October 17, 2020 | 9am-12pm
$50 class fee (Members save 10% on classes!)
Join artist John Miller for a morning pondering human impulses towards color. He’ll discuss the science, history, and human conditions that lead us to choose certain colors for certain things, as well as skills for choosing the best color for your desired outcomes. This applies to art certainly, but also for painting a room in your house or sketching in a notebook.
Students will work with basic art materials in our studio to explore these concepts in a hands-on approach. All materials provided. Aprons available, or bring your own smock.
Here at River Arts, your safety is the most important thing for us. We plan to run studio classes, but with the following safety precautions added:
- A limit of 7 students in each class
- All students will work at their own 6ft table, maintaining social distancing
- Studio staff will clean and disinfect all surfaces at the beginning and end of each day. The studio is only used for classes, so no other people will be in the space between classes.
- Latex-free rubber gloves, disposable masks, and hand sanitizer will be available to all students free of charge
- Face masks are required
- We’ve also updated our cancellation policy
We plan to keep these measures in place through the summer at least, and maybe into the fall depending on where things are at. It’s very much a day-by-day process at this point. Thank you!