Colored Pencil: Color Accuracy with No Guesswork, with Rhonda Nass
Saturday-Sunday, August 1-2, 2020 | 9am-4pm both days | Deadline to register: July 18 by 5pm
$195/person. (Members save 10% on workshops! Learn more here)
Today’s colored pencil works are vastly beyond those we tend to envision from our grade and high school years. Thousands of us who began playing with colored pencil have become professional artists exhibiting in galleries around the world. Whether you are a novice or professional, this workshop is geared for you to relax and focus on learning a technique that allows for meticulous detail and color accuracy. Toward that latter goal, half of the first day will be creating color match strips to use as a reference tool for any colored pencil work you do in the future, saving you hours and hours of time.
This technique is easy to learn, easy to do… just takes time. The class starts with viewing a sample of colored pencil artists’ works. You’ll then try a variety of application techniques, learning different looks for colored pencil depending on the strokes you use. Next is creating the color match strips. One the second day you’ll begin an individualized artwork using your chosen subject matter, design, and composition, and leave the workshop confident to complete (at your own pace, in your own space) the drawing beyond the workshop hours. I predict you will become absorbed in this process and find yourself at ease with time flying by. Lots of one on one time if you want it. Come and enjoy!
Here at River Arts, your safety is the most important thing for us. We plan to run studio classes, but with the following safety precautions added:
- A limit of 7 students in each class
- All students will work at their own 6ft table, maintaining social distancing
- Studio staff will clean and disinfect all surfaces at the beginning and end of each day. The studio is only used for classes, so no other people will be in the space between classes.
- Latex-free rubber gloves, disposable masks, and hand sanitizer will be available to all students free of charge
Face mask policy following CDC recommendations:
- Students are required to bring a mask along to the class. Not required to wear it for the full day, but there will be moments (ex; demos) when the instructor requires it. (Class by class basis)
- We’ve also updated our cancellation policy
We plan to keep these measures in place through the summer at least, and maybe into the fall depending on where things are at. It’s very much a day-by-day process at this point. Thank you!