Giant Copper Feather with Kami Strunsee
Saturday, May 22, 2021 | 1-4pm
$70/person (Members save 10% on workshops!)
Award winning artist Kami Strunsee of Timber Lane Studio guides you through her process of creating a large, 18” copper feather utilizing cold-formed metal techniques. Finish your piece in either a rustic brown or verdigris oxidation. The end result is a beautiful singular feather mounted on a small bracket to appear as if it is floating. Just as we are all unique individuals, no two feathers are alike. Final project is 18″L x 6″w
Verdigris (green) coloring takes a full 24 hours to develop color. Participants will be instructed on how to finish the piece at home once the oxidation process has finished.
IF CHOOSING TO COLOR YOUR PIECE IN THE VERDIGRIS, PLEASE BRING A SHALLOW BOX NO SMALLER THAN 18” x 6”
All tools and materials will be provided. Copper is sharp, but when handled carefully, is perfectly safe. However, if you find yourself a magnet for accidents, please bring a close-fitting pair of gloves (like gardening gloves). Timber Lane Studio is not responsible for any injury acquired during the workshop. No prior experience necessary.
Here at River Arts, your safety is the most important thing for us. We plan to run studio classes, but with the following safety precautions added:
- A limit of 7 students in each class
- All students will work at their own 6ft table, maintaining social distancing
- Studio staff will clean and disinfect all surfaces at the end of each day.
- Latex-free rubber gloves, disposable masks, and hand sanitizer will be available to all students free of charge
- Face masks required for students and instructor
- We’ve also updated our cancellation policy
We plan to keep these measures in place for the foreseeable future, depending on where things are at. It’s very much a day-by-day process at this point. Thank you!