Cow Chip Arts and Crafts Fair 2019
Saturday, August 31, 2019 | 9am-5pm Marion Park, Grand Ave and First St, Prairie du Sac, WI
Applications accepted starting September 7th, 2018!
Deadline to apply: May 1, 2019 by 5pm
Over the years, the lighthearted tradition continues, and we welcome you to attend the 45th annual Wisconsin State Cow Chip Throw and Festival! The Arts and Crafts Fair is part of this Festival, which sees over 40,000 people attend each year. This is one of the region’s largest events, and we invite you to submit an application to be a part of it!
Only art and craft items of original design and handcrafted by the exhibiting artist may be at Cow Chip.
Not allowed: Food vendors, buy sell items, consignment pieces, work made from kits/patterns, and imported items. River Arts Inc. reserves the right to accept or reject any entry or exhibit, or part of any entry or exhibit at any time including the day of the Art Fair without refund of booth/jury fee.
$85 per booth fee (15×15 ft space) and $25 non refundable jury fee. The $25 jury fee is paid upon submitting your application, and then if you are accepted into the show after the jury process you will be invited to purchase a booth for $85 at a later date.
- If you are requesting more than one booth space, only one $25 jury fee is required.
- This is an outside event; no refunds will be made due to inclement weather.
- No commission is taken on sales: artists are responsible for collecting tax as appropriate.
- Each participant is responsible for preparing, exhibiting, and removing their own work. No take downs before 5pm. No driving on park grass to load/unload booths at any time.
- Spaces are pre assigned based on the date of the application.
- Registration begins at 6am on the day of the Fair. Set up on Friday after 4pm is allowed but no overnight security will be provided. River Arts Inc. nor the Cow Chip Committee will be held liable for loss or damage of goods.
- No pets in the park
The ZAPP® System
We will be continuing the use of an online application system called ZAPP. ZAPP enables individual artists to apply online to multiple art shows through one central website, ZAPPlication.org. This free, online application process also allows artists to directly upload digital images of their artwork for jury review. The result is that all artwork in the system is in a consistent, high-quality, digital format. The digital images are presented to the jurors of each show and the system allows them to score online.
Getting Started: https://www.zapplication.org/help-center.php?page=how-to-apply
The link above will walk you through how to set up an account, find our show, apply to shows, upload pictures, and submitting an application. There is a video as well as written instructions available.
Frequently Asked Questions about how to use ZAPP: https://www.zapplication.org/help-center.php?page=frequently-asked-questions
ZAPP Help Center: https://www.zapplication.org/help-center.php
A great resource for any questions you have. Includes links to tutorials, how-to videos, image formatting, and how to contact the ZAPP team in case you have a problem.