Kristina’s Craft Corner: Blooming Flowers
Celebrate springtime with these easy to make flowers that bloom before your eyes!
- Regular copy paper
- Colored pencils or crayons
- You can use markers, but the paper must be absolutely dry before you try to bloom the paper
- Dish or bowl filled with 1-2” of room temp water, not hot or cold
- OPTIONAL: Dye your water blue with 1-2 drops of food coloring
- OPTIONAL: Attached template for flowers
- Start off by drawing your flowers. Each petal should be nice and tall, and very separate from the petal next to it. This will help with folding
- You can also use the template for flowers if you have access to a printer
- Color your flower however you’d like!
- TIP: Look outside your house right now! What’s blooming in your garden? Or at your favorite local park? Flowers can look like anything!
- Cut out the flower along the black lines
- Fold one petal down at a time. Don’t push too hard! Just enough to bend the petal into shape. If you push too hard and flatten it, the petal won’t open in the water
- Drop your flower on the surface of the water and watch it bloom! Try adding 2-3 for a bouquet of water lilies!
- The larger dish of water you use, the more flowers you can add at one time
All done! Did you make this project? Share with us on social media, or email Kristina with your creations!
Special thank you to Curran Sukowatey for editing this and all the other Craft Corner videos!
Blooming Flowers Printable TemplateDownload