Kristina’s Craft Corner: Watercolor Galaxies
Splatter your way to a galaxy far, far away…
- Watercolors, or food coloring and water
- Watercolor paper or cardstock
- Paintbrushes: one small and one wide if possible. Otherwise two regular brushes will work
- Wet blank paper beforehand
- Choose a limited color palette, 3-4 colors at most. Too many and colors will get muddy/turn brown
- Wet paints and splatter onto paper one color at a time
- Using wide brush, use water to create a wash over the splatters and spread them out
- Sprinkle salt onto the paint while it’s wet.
- You can keep adding paint and color until you’re happy with how it looks
- Set aside to dry
- Brush off salt
- OPTIONAL: splatter white paint on top for stars, or create a rocket ship out of construction paper. What life can be found in your galaxy?
All done! Did you make this project? Share with us on social media, or email Kristina with your creations!
Special thank you to Curran Sukowatey for editing this and all the other Craft Corner videos!