Kristina’s Craft Corner: Chalk Northern Lights
A five minute craft with big impact and little to no mess; what could be better than that?
- Black paper
- White paper, cardstock preferred but any will do
- Sidewalk or art chalk
- On the white paper, draw the outline of a mountaintop. Cut out
- Take one color of chalk and color a section along the edge of the white paper. Repeat with several colors all along the edge of the mountain
- Place white paper on top of black
- Using your finger, smear the chalk onto the black paper all along the edge
- Be sure to hold the white paper securely in place
- Remove the white paper to see your mountain range!
- Repeat as often as you’d like to add depth to your piece
- OPTIONAL: Cut out a moon from the white paper and repeat the process in the sky
All done! Did you make this project? Share with us on social media, or email Kristina with your creations!
Special thank you to Curran Sukowatey for editing this and all the other Craft Corner videos!