Crafts & Drafts: Choose Your Own String Art
Friday August 21 | 7-9pm
Choose your project design from 7 stencil options! Our instructor will guide you through the process of staining blocks of wood, hammering nails to create the outline, and then show you several ways to wind the string into patterns. The whole project will be finished by the end of the night, ready for you to take home!
Crafts & Drafts is a series of monthly classes based around the “wine and paint night” concept. We just decided to go with something a little more Wisconsin – so we added beer! These fun, pressure-free classes are a great way to unwind after work, meet up with friends, celebrate a special event, and make a cool project for your home. We encourage you to wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty, FYI. Each class lasts two hours, and includes all necessary supplies, a class instructor, and two drink tickets. Come back each month to make a different project!
Here at River Arts, your safety is the most important thing for us. We plan to run studio classes, but with the following safety precautions added:
- A limit of 7 students in each class
- All students will work at their own 6ft table, maintaining social distancing
- Studio staff will clean and disinfect all surfaces at the beginning and end of each day. The studio is only used for classes, so no other people will be in the space between classes.
- Latex-free rubber gloves, disposable masks, and hand sanitizer will be available to all students free of charge
Face mask policy following CDC recommendations:
- Students are required to bring a mask along to the class. Not required to wear it for the full day, but there will be moments (ex; demos) when the instructor requires it. (Class by class basis)
- We’ve also updated our cancellation policy
We plan to keep these measures in place through the summer at least, and maybe into the fall depending on where things are at. It’s very much a day-by-day process at this point. Thank you!