Painting Horizons: Approaches to Landscape with Danica Oudeans
Saturday-Sunday, April 10-11, 2021 (new date), 2021 | 9am-4pm Sat, 9am-1pm Sun
$195/person (includes all supplies including paint and brushes) (Members save 10% on workshops!)
Join Wisconsin artist Danica Oudeans and learn the art of painting landscape. This introductory class will give detailed instruction on how to create inspirational landscapes with acrylic paints. Demonstrations will be given on how to plan your painting, mix colors, select your brush, and focus on a variety of brushwork techniques. Saturday morning, we will discuss effective approaches to begin a painting and demonstrate color mixing techniques to create a deep sense of space along the horizon. Saturday afternoon we will use color blocking techniques to organize your landscape composition and discuss approaches to layering brushstrokes onto your canvas to build a variety of textural surfaces such as water, grass, rock, and earth. Sunday morning artists will have the opportunity work on their landscapes with guidance and encouragement from the instructor. Students are encouraged to bring in several landscape images to be inspired or choose from provided images.
About the Instructor:
Danica Oudeans is an award-winning instructor and former University Professor with 15 years experience teaching all levels of painting and drawing. She received her MFA (Masters in Fine Art) in painting from Miami University of Ohio and has exhibited her artwork across the country. Currently Danica is the owner of Danica Oudeans Art, where she teaches private painting and drawing lessons, small group classes, and leads community art projects.
Here at River Arts, your safety is the most important thing for us. We plan to run studio classes, but with the following safety precautions added:
- A limit of 7 students in each class
- All students will work at their own 6ft table, maintaining social distancing
- Studio staff will clean and disinfect all surfaces at the beginning and end of each day. The studio is only used for classes, so no other people will be in the space between classes.
- Latex-free rubber gloves, disposable masks, and hand sanitizer will be available to all students free of charge
- Face masks required for students and instructor
- We’ve also updated our cancellation policy
We plan to keep these measures in place for the foreseeable future, depending on where things are at. It’s very much a day-by-day process at this point. Thank you!