Repurposing Jewelry with Luann Roberts Smith
Saturday, November 2, 2019, 2019 | 9am-2pm | Ages 14+
590 Water St, Prairie du Sac, WI 53578
Class Fee: $70/person + $25 supply fee (“Family” level members and up save 10% on classes! Enter member coupon code at checkout. For more info about becoming a member, click here)
This workshop will cover the basics of jewelry making and design. Come and make something new out of jewelry that you already have – whether vintage pieces that are dear to your heart, or things that have been long abandoned in the bottom of your jewelry box.
Students will learn to:
– Wire wrap a bead
– Make your own rosary chain
– String a short length of beads
– Punch or drill holes in metal disc for use as a charm or pendant
– Connect/combine the components you create
– Take jewelry apart to repurpose components
– Make simple repairs to slightly damaged pieces
– Arrange different components to create a pleasing and visually balanced design
In the process of learning the basics, student will be making the components that will be used to design their finished piece. After basics are covered, we will focus on design. There are many ways to combine just a few parts and pieces, and there will be time to work independently as you put the components you have made together to complete a simple necklace or bracelet, and a pair of earrings.
$25 Supply kit includes everything you need to make one pair of earrings and a simple bead and chain necklace or bracelet. There will also be two basic tools to use in class and keep.
SUPPLIES TO BRING:
Please bring any jewelry that you would like to repurpose, and any questions you have.