River Arts Inc.’s mission is to inspire, enrich, and educate the community through the arts.
The River Arts Inc. Events Coordinator is responsible for organizing the gallery’s special events. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to: propose and implement marketing strategies, design marketing materials, coordinate special events and meetings, work in a sales capacity at the River Arts on Water Gallery, and manage the Cow Chip art fair.
Position Title: River Arts Inc. Events Coordinator
Hours: Part-time 20 hrs/wk, flexible work schedule, some evenings and 3-4 Saturdays per month required.
Regular gallery hours are Tues-Sat 10am-5pm.
Reports to: Executive Director
Rate: $10-$14 per hour based on experience
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Executive Director on day-to-day operations
- Coordinate special event and meeting rentals including event logistics and volunteer coordination
- Serve on the programming committee to plan house concert series
- Serve on the marketing committee
- Create marketing materials such as: web banners, postcards, posters, brochures, press releases and ads
- Communicate with members and customers through the website and social media
- Maintain the River Arts on Water Gallery retail sales records, artists’ inventory, and daily visitor journal along with sales/patron inquiries
- Operate in an administrative capacity for the River Arts on Water Gallery including opening/closing the gallery and maintaining a clean/organized facility
- Ability to sell event tickets through Arts People, a web based ticketing program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Independent worker and a self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and organizational and time management skills
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Able to lift and move up to 30 pounds
- Computer literate with knowledge of the following software:
- Design software, Constant Contact, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, Arts People Ticketing, WordPress, Google calendar and docs.
- Preference will be given to an applicant with or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Marketing, or Management field.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Lindsey Juarez by email at email@example.com or by mail to River Arts on Water Gallery, 590 Water St., Prairie du Sac, WI 53578. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Position will remain open until filled.