Adobe Lightroom with Mike Murray
Saturday, February 6, 2021 | 10am-12pm & 12:30-2pm
$15-25/person (see class options below) (Members save 10% on workshops!)
10am-12pm: Workshop led by Mike Murray ($25/person)
Taking a good photo is the first step. Next comes processing, which can be intimidating and confusing. Spend a couple of hours with Mike Murray and let him put all of your processing fears behind you.
Lightroom is a powerful but simple photo processing tool that can turn your pictures from drab to vibrant and exciting with just a few alterations. Mike will go through his workflow, show you some tricks and provide some one on one assistance with processing your own photos.
Students should bring: a laptop and charger, 3-5 unprocessed photos, and either have a Lightroom *Classic* subscription, or sign up for a free 30 day trial via Adobe Creative Cloud before the morning of class (you can cancel free of charge if you decide not to keep it).
12:30-2pm: Additional Work Time ($15/person)
This additional time is set aside for students to work on their own projects. Mike will be on hand to answer questions and provide guidance, but it is primarily self-guided time. You must attend the morning session to sign up for this extra block.
Here at River Arts, your safety is the most important thing for us. We plan to run studio classes, but with the following safety precautions added:
- A limit of 7 students in each class
- All students will work at their own 6ft table, maintaining social distancing
- Studio staff will clean and disinfect all surfaces at the beginning and end of each day. The studio is only used for classes, so no other people will be in the space between classes.
- Latex-free rubber gloves, disposable masks, and hand sanitizer will be available to all students free of charge
- Face masks required for students and instructor
- We’ve also updated our cancellation policy
We plan to keep these measures in place for the foreseeable future, depending on where things are at. It’s very much a day-by-day process at this point. Thank you!