Nature Journaling: Artist Books with Cynthia Quinn
Sat-Sun, April 9-10, 2022 | 9:30am-4:30pm| Deadline to register: March 26 by 4pm
$150 + $10 supply fee. See below for more info about supplies
Ages 16+ (or younger with written parental permission)
Learn to make an accordion folded, standing booklet with your nature illustrations on both sides. We’ll start with a 4×6″, 4-panel prefolded accordion style booklet made from watercolor paper. Cynthia will do several demonstrations to show how to draw, use ink pens, paint in watercolor or use watercolor pens, make collage, and add calligraphy. Each person will create a unique nature art booklet that will stand vertically for display. No previous experience needed.
Materials fee: $10 (cash or check paid directly to Cynthia the day off class).
The instructor provides:
- One 4×6″ 4-panel watercolor booklet
- Tea bag papers
- Collage papers
- Matte medium
- Ideas and inspiration
Suggestions of things for students to bring (pick and choose what you are most interested in using)
- Collage papers
- Drawing pencil(s) and kneaded eraser
- Watercolor paints, mixing tray, water container, brushes
- Watercolor pencils
- Micron-type ink marker(s), fine-tip
- Calligraphy markers
- Several paint brushes, *especially one for glue
- Paper towels
- Transparent tracing paper
- Reference photos
In the event a workshop is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will be contacted immediately and refunded entirely. Please review our cancellation policy here.
Here at River Arts, your safety is the most important thing for us. We plan to run in-person studio classes, but with the following safety precautions added:
- A limit of 7 students in each class
- All students will work at their own 6ft table, maintaining social distancing
- Studio staff will clean and disinfect all surfaces at the end of each day.
- Latex-free rubber gloves, disposable masks, and hand sanitizer will be available to all students free of charge
- Face masks required
- Subject to change based on most current CDC guidelines*
We plan to keep these measures in place for the foreseeable future, depending on where things are at. It’s very much a day-by-day process at this point. Thank you!