Nature Journaling: Accordion Artist Books with Cynthia Quinn
Saturday-Sunday, April 17-18, 2021 | 9:30am-4:30pm both days (may finish early second day)
$150/person (Members save 10% on workshops!)
Make an accordion folded, standing booklet with your nature illustrations on both sides. We’ll start with a 4 x 6”, 4-panel prefolded accordion style watercolor paper booklet. Cynthia will demonstrate how to draw, use ink pens, watercolor, watercolor pencils, collage and calligraphy. Each person will create a unique art nature booklet that will stand vertically for display.
*There will be a class fee of $10. (cash or check payable to Cynthia Quinn) to cover the cost of the booklet and general supplies I share.
Cynthia will provide:
- One 4×6″ 4-panel watercolor booklet
- Tea bag papers
- Some collage papers
- Matte medium for gluing collage elements
Suggestions of things students should bring: (feel free to pick and choose the media you are more interested in working with)
- Collage papers
- Drawing pencil and kneaded eraser
- Watercolor paints, mixing tray, container for water
- Watercolor pencils
- Micron-type ink markers, fine tip
- Calligraphy markers
- Several paint brushes, especially one for glue
- Paper towels
- Transparent tracing paper
- Reference photos
Here at River Arts, your safety is the most important thing for us. We plan to run studio classes, but with the following safety precautions added:
- A limit of 7 students in each class
- All students will work at their own 6ft table, maintaining social distancing
- Studio staff will clean and disinfect all surfaces at the beginning and end of each day. The studio is only used for classes, so no other people will be in the space between classes.
- Latex-free rubber gloves, disposable masks, and hand sanitizer will be available to all students free of charge
- Face masks required for students and instructor
- We’ve also updated our cancellation policy
We plan to keep these measures in place for the foreseeable future, depending on where things are at. It’s very much a day-by-day process at this point. Thank you!