Night Market Food Truck Guidelines
FRIDAY, JUNE 9th, 2023 5pm-9pm Riverwalk Park and Overlook in downtown Prairie du Sac
FRIDAY, AUGUST 18th, 2023 5pm-9pm Riverwalk Park and Overlook in downtown Prairie du Sac
What’s a Night market? Night markets are open air street markets featuring live music, arts and crafts vendors, food trucks, and other activities designed to drive traffic to downtowns or underutilized spaces and support businesses and community well-being.
- Public restrooms will be available at Ruth Culver Community Library
- Deadline to apply: March 30, 2023
- Notification of acceptance, waitlist, and regrets: April 7, 2023
- Deadline for payment: May 1, 2023 (Vendors who fail to pay without contacting River Arts Inc (RAI) in advance will be dismissed and the spot offered to a vendor on the waiting list)
We are looking for approximately 5 food trucks per event in order to offer a wide variety of dining options for attendees.
- All food vendors must adhere to Public Health and Sauk County food safety guidelines.
- All food vendors must display menus with pricing
- Food carts must be equipped with fire extinguishers
- No cooking is permitted under pop up tents
- If used, food vendors must contain and remove all cooking oil
- If used, food vendors must contain and remove all hot coals
- All food vendors must have access to a staff hand-washing station
- All food vendors must supply their own refuse and recycle containers. We will have some for customer use
- The selling of alcohol by food truck vendors is prohibited. Only licensed, RAI-approved entities may sell alcohol.
- The vendor must carry appropriate Licenses, Certificates, Insurances, and/or Permits for the products they are making/selling.
- Vendors are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous manner to other vendors, customers and market personnel. Threatening, abusive or harassing behavior will result in a violation, and constitutes grounds for dismissal from the market. Fees will not be refunded to any vendor who is suspended or loses vending privileges.
- LEAVE NO TRACE. Vendors must clean up their sales area completely before leaving. This includes trash disposal.
- No firearms, weapons, fireworks, or smoking of any kind allowed.
- Public wifi is not available. If you plan to accept card payments, please make arrangements for this.
$150 per market. Vendors keep all proceeds made during the event.
- Food trucks selected to participate will be emailed a link to pay vendor fees online.
- Your spot in the event is not confirmed until payment has been received.
- Your business will not be listed on our website or social media until payment has been received.
- If payment is not received by the deadline without contacting us first, your spot will be offered to another vendor on the waiting list.
- Vendors may begin setting up at 10am. Please do not arrive early as you will not be let into the parking lot
- No teardown before 9pm!
- This is an outdoor event and will be held rain or shine, except in the case of severe weather where safety becomes an issue.
- The call to cancel an event will be made by 1pm the day of and communicated to the contact person on your application via email and listed on our website.
- 50% refund if River Arts Inc. cancels event for safety reasons. 50% refund if food truck vendor cancels more than 30 days in advance of event. No other refund requests will be granted.
- We have an extremely limited number of vendor spaces available. If something comes up where you will be unable to attend or will be tardy, please contact RAI staff as soon as possible. (50% refund if food truck vendor cancels more than 30 days in advance of event)
- No-shows and cancellations within 30 days of event will not be refunded their fees. A no-show who wishes to attend a future night market will be invoiced an additional $50 fee.