Night Market Vendor Guidelines
All markets run 5-9pm at the Riverwalk Park and Overlook in downtown Prairie du Sac
FRIDAY, JUNE 17 (Vendor spots are full for the June market)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 19 (Vendor spots are full for the August market)
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14 (Vendor spots are full for the October market)
What’s a Night market? Night markets are open air street markets featuring live music, arts and crafts vendors, food trucks, and other activities designed to drive traffic to downtowns or underutilized spaces and support businesses and community well-being.
- Public restrooms will be available at Ruth Culver Community Library
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase
For individual market applications:
- Notification of acceptance, waitlist, and regrets: 5-6 weeks prior to each event
- Deadline for vendor booth payment: Three weeks prior to each event. Vendors who fail to pay without contacting River Arts Inc (RAI) in advance will be dismissed and the spot offered to a vendor on the waiting list.
- Vendors are invited to apply to participate in this juried series of Night Markets. We’re looking for handmade art/crafts, locally-produced food and drink, and locally-owned small businesses/producers. Examples of things we’d love to see include handmade arts/crafts, fresh fruits or veggies, small batch cider or juice, jams and jellies, cheese curds, plants and flowers, clothing, honey, or prepared foods like salsas and pickles.
- Applications will be considered based on description of wares for sale, photos provided, and locality. No MLMs please.
- The selling of alcohol by vendors is prohibited. Only licensed, RAI-approved entities may sell alcohol.
- Booth spaces will be assigned prior to each market. Spaces will be large enough to fit a 10ft tent plus a little room on either side.
- The vendor is the person who owns the business / items being sold. No buy/sell, MLM, or representatives. Rummage sale or direct sale booths will not be permitted.
- The vendor must carry appropriate Licenses, Certificates, Insurances, and/or Permits for the products they are making/selling. This includes intellectual property licensing for items such as logos, etc.
- Vendors are responsible for the appropriate collection and reporting of WI sales tax.
- All produce or other food intended for consumption must be well-cleaned and kept in sanitary conditions off the ground.
- Vendors must comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. (e.g. cleanliness and accuracy of scale).
- No running of gasoline or diesel engines or excessively loud generators.
- No loud or disturbing noises shall be made or actions taken on the grounds which will interfere with the rights, comfort, or convenience of other vendors or the public. No music at vendor stalls. PdS Night Markets supports local musicians and will hire professional entertainment.
- Vendors will not be allowed to bring pets into the market for health and safety reasons. The sale or giving away of live animals is prohibited.
- Vendors are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous manner to other vendors, customers and market personnel. Threatening, abusive or harassing behavior will result in a violation, and constitutes grounds for dismissal from the market. Fees will not be refunded to any vendor who is suspended or loses vending privileges.
- A vendor with a reserved space must be in their space by 4pm; no vehicles will be allowed to enter the lot past that time. See set-up guidelines for additional info. To ensure availability of customer parking, vendors must unload and then park off-site. Additional parking info will be sent the week of the event.
- LEAVE NO TRACE. Vendors must clean up their sales area completely before leaving. This includes trash disposal.
- Vendors are responsible for bringing everything they need within their space, including, but not limited to, tables, chairs, tents, extension cords, lights, etc.
- Power will be available to all booths for basic lighting needs only. It is not meant for large equipment, crock pots, nesco, etc. Vendors are encouraged to bring several extension cords if power is needed.
- No firearms, weapons, fireworks, or smoking of any kind allowed.
- Public wifi is not available. If you plan to accept card payments, please make arrangements for this.
$85 per event
- Vendors selected to participate will be emailed a link to pay vendor fees online.
- Your spot in the event is not confirmed until payment has been received.
- Your business will not be listed on our website or social media until payment has been received.
- If payment is not received by the deadline without contacting us first, your spot will be offered to another vendor on the waiting list.
- No refunds except if cancelled due to weather
- Vendors may begin setting up at 2:30pm. Please do not arrive early as you will not be let into the parking lot
- Vehicles may be driven directly to your space to unload. However we ask that as soon as you are unloaded you move your vehicle to allow space for fellow vendors.
- Vehicles MUST be moved by no later than 4:30pm
- No teardown before 9pm!
- Vehicles may be driven into the lot to pack up, but no earlier than 9:15pm.
- This is an outdoor event and will be held rain or shine, except in the case of severe weather where safety becomes an issue.
- Refunds will be given if the event is canceled by River Arts Inc. due to weather. No other refund requests will be granted.
- The call to cancel an event will be made by 1pm the day of and communicated to the contact person on your application via email and listed on our website.
- We have an extremely limited number of vendor spaces available. If something comes up where you will be unable to attend or will be tardy, please contact RAI staff as soon as possible.
- No-shows and cancellations will not be refunded their booth fees. A no-show who wishes to attend a future night market will be invoiced an additional $20 fee.