Oil & Cold Wax Painting with Rick Ross
Saturday-Sunday, October 10-11, 2020 | 9am-4pm both days
$125 class fee + $125 kit fee (Members save 10% on classes!)
Dive into the world of cold wax and unlock all its possibilities. In this 2-day retreat, you will explore the basic principles of using Cold Wax Medium through instructor led demonstrations, individual guidance, and exploration of individual pieces. The techniques are fun, creative, and only limited by your imagination.
We will explore the process of building layers using printmaking methods, mark making, and adding textures. A variety of tools, substrates, and materials will be used along with my favorite methods to achieve fantastic results. We will play with materials such as oils, powder pigments, wax crayon, oil pastels, pigment sticks, metallic leaf, and much more. What is added and hidden under layers will be uncovered by reduction including scraping, scratching, gouging and the use of solvents. Basic art principles such as values, color theory, and compositions will be covered along the journey. There are no mistakes in this class only results that are yet discovered. You will leave with basic knowledge of the medium, a finished painting, and some works in progress.
Here at River Arts, your safety is the most important thing for us. We plan to run studio classes, but with the following safety precautions added:
- A limit of 7 students in each class
- All students will work at their own 6ft table, maintaining social distancing
- Studio staff will clean and disinfect all surfaces at the beginning and end of each day. The studio is only used for classes, so no other people will be in the space between classes.
- Latex-free rubber gloves, disposable masks, and hand sanitizer will be available to all students free of charge
- Face masks are required
- We’ve also updated our cancellation policy
We plan to keep these measures in place through the summer at least, and maybe into the fall depending on where things are at. It’s very much a day-by-day process at this point. Thank you!