Facility and Event Spaces:
- River Arts on Water Gallery facility hours are Tuesday – Saturday 9am – 4pm, Fridays 9am-6pm, and closed Sunday-Monday. Special event and hourly rental arrangements should be made outside of regular facility hours if private use of the art gallery is needed. If you will only be using the Studio space, rentals are based on availability. All rentals allow use of storage room, deck, and outside “green space.”
- We do not recommend events larger than 60 guests in our facilty.
- Gallery: 50-60 people
- Studio: 20-30 people (14 people for an art project)
- Deck: 20-30 people
- Green Space: 50-60 people
Food and Beverage Policy
- River Arts on Water allows carry-in food and beverages for events. Appropriate time should be allotted for set-up and clean-up. A small storage room is available for food and beverage storage including a refrigerator and microwave.
- If events are open to the public, River Arts Inc. must be notified at least 4 weeks in advance if malt beverages (including beer) will be served. Wine and liquor are not permitted for events open to the public.
- Events conducted by invitation only do not require a permit and may include any beverages of the renter’s choosing.
- River Arts, Inc. can provide a village-licensed bartender, if requested. River Arts, Inc. reserves the right to refuse service at any time or to any person.
- River Arts on Water can help facilitate equipment needs (projector, screen, background music, tv, tables, chairs, etc.). For a private art class, all relevant supplies are included in rental fee.
- River Arts on Water reserves the right to restrict the use of any decoration. No decorations may be displayed on painted surfaces. Decorations may not be stapled, nailed, or drilled to facility walls or surfaces.
- All open flame objects or mechanical machinery used for or during your event must obey local fire codes and be approved prior to your event.
- Special event decoration and equipment must gain prior approval by the event management.
- River Arts on Water is not responsible for lost or stolen items. It is the duty of the client and/or event guests to store belongings or event materials.
Rental Rates – Special Events (showers, parties, etc)
- River Arts on Water requires a two hour minimum for any outside rental + one hour for set-up and clean-up. Events will be charged on an hourly basis, at a rate of $50/hour.
Example: Two hour event + 30 minutes set-up and 30 minutes clean-up = $150/event rental
*If you choose a date/time in the Studio when the Gallery is not available, the rate remains the same.
Rental Rates – Hourly (meetings, other)
- River Arts on Water can be rented at an hourly rate for meetings and other minimum set-up events. The hourly rental rate is as follows:
- Non-profit/Service Organizations $25/hour
- Commercial Users (Private, For profit, Vendors and Entrepreneurs) $35/hour
All hourly events require 30 minute set-up and 30 minute clean-up charge of the same rate per hour.
Two hour non-profit meeting + 30 minutes set-up and 30 minutes clean-up = $75/ rental
Two hour for profit meeting + 30 minutes set-up and 30 minutes clean-up = $105/ rental
- River Arts on Water can provide digital background music for any event at no additional charge. We can also help facilitate live music. Live music will result in additional charges.
- River Arts on Water is a unique gallery and performance space that also serves as the main office and headquarters of River Arts, Inc. It is expected that all guests respect the artwork by not touching, leaning on or handling artwork. Renters and guests are not allowed to use offices or checkout area unless otherwise agreed upon. Any damage to artwork or property will be assessed and charged to the renting party.
Advertisement of Event/Rental
- Any public notice or advertisement of the event and/or rental requires authorization of River Arts Inc. staff. This includes, but is not limited to: print ads, television ads, radio ads, email marketing, posters, flyers, invitations, social media events, and other ways in which River Arts on Water may be listed. Invitation only events do not require authorization.
- Events at River Arts on Water require a 25% deposit upon booking. This deposit holds the date and allows time to facilitate the needs of the agreement. Reservations should be made at least two weeks prior to planned rental.
Cancellation and Rain/Snow Dates
- Events canceled within seven days of the event result in a loss of deposit. We will make a reasonable effort to try and reschedule if event is canceled due to weather or other Acts of God.
Payment and Billing
- All payment arrangements are made with River Arts, Inc. Payment is due upon completion of any event unless other payment arrangements have been made. Failure to pay in a timely manner may forfeit future rental agreements with River Arts on Water and other penalties as deemed appropriate.
Tax Exempt Clients
- Any client or organization seeking non-for-profit rates must qualify as a tax exempt organization under Section 501 (c) 3 or other tax exempt sections of the Internal Revenue Code and must submit a copy of current letter of exemption/tax exempt certificate.
Labor and Service Charges
- All labor rates are based on a per-hour of service and may be subject to a labor minimum.
• Bartender (2 hour minimum): $25/hour
• Live music or Art project instructor: fee varies
• A River Arts Inc. staff member will be on the premises to answer questions or help with set-up needs for all rentals at no additional charge for the duration of your rental.