RAI has an opportunity to buy its existing River Arts on Water Gallery space, located at 590 Water Street in downtown Prairie du Sac, plus the adjacent office space that is currently vacant. This will be a major milestone for RAI and help ensure the sustainability of the organization for future generations to come!
The additional space will be primarily used as an art workshop space and allow River Arts Inc. to expand its programming for both youth and adults, increase tourism to Sauk Prairie and the downtown area, improve the quality of its current programming, as well as be a greater resource to the community.
Imagine a Place Where:
- Your kids can have unique, painting birthday parties!
- You can go to further your education but also relax and de-stress after a long week of work without driving into the city!
- Your kids can go after school to create fun art projects!
- Artists from all over the nation will come and lead transformative, creative, inspiring workshops!
Key Components of the Project Include:
- Purchasing the building
- Renovating the new space to become a state-of-the-art studio
- Adding a 2nd bathroom
- Expanding the back deck to more than double its size (not pictured)
- Building a retaining wall on the steep slope at the back of the property as well as removing invasive, overgrown brush (not pictured)
Update: The River Arts Inc. Board of Directors celebrate owning the 590 Water Street property in downtown Prairie du Sac as of October 14th, 2016. We are still $76,000 shy of our fundraising goal but this is a huge milestone in our history. Thank you for your support!
Update 6/1/17: Construction is underway! We are just $20,000 shy of our ultimate fundraising goal too! We are so grateful for the generous support. If you’d still like to be a part of the project, please consider making a gift by clicking on the “Donate Now” buttons! Thank you!!
Update 12/4/17: The interior renovation is complete, the back slope is ready for Spring, and we are now working on the brand new deck. Grand opening Celebration scheduled for Monday, June 4th from 5pm-7pm.
Renovations have begun! A small volunteer crew did the interior demolition so the site is prepped and ready to go for the general contractors! Hope you enjoy some of the photos. We had a great time!